Dear Readers ~ You've waited...you've wondered...and here it is!
My Summer Surprise Release is on Pre-Order now, and goes On Sale Tuesday, JULY 14!!! Something new, something different, something special just for romance fans, with an alpha hero who is a true knight in shining armor. Presenting...Paladin's Prize.
Age of Heroes, Book 1: PALADIN'S PRIZE
New York Times bestselling author Gaelen Foley leads readers on a magical journey to a fairytale land where good battles evil, adventure beckons the daring, and epic love awaits the true of heart.
Resolutely noble, impossibly brave, paladin Sir Thaydor Clarenbeld serves as royal champion for the kingdom of Veraidel. But when the king becomes corrupt, Thaydor speaks out—and promptly ends up banished from court, sent off as a knight errant on an endless round of quests meant to get him killed. One mission nearly does. Covered in wounds after a monstrous battle, he lies at death’s door when rescue arrives in the form of the beautiful, mystic healer known as the Maid of the Mount.
The lady Wrynne du Mere gave up a luxurious life to devote herself to caring for others. When she finds the famous hero broken and bleeding, saving him will take all her skill—and a fateful dash of magic. And it will cost her dearly. For the dangerous spell will leave their souls forever entwined, and his foes, so many and so powerful, will target her, as well. Wrynne knows to survive and restore justice to the land, they must join forces. But for how long can they resist the searing temptation of desire?
1. Uhh, what’s a paladin? > A paladin is basically an uber-knight who champions a noble cause.
2. Are there hobbits? > Er, no. Hobbits are trademarked, and besides, I think the furry feet might be kind of a turnoff for a romance hero, just sayin.’ *g* All the main characters are humans.
3. So, it’s medieval, then? > Sort of. The Age of Heroes world is loosely based on 14th century Europe, but I’m going back to my roots with a fictional kingdom (like I did with the Ascension Trilogy). Only, this world has magic and mythical beasties. It’s a fun, fairly breezy treatment of medieval times, not as light/comedic in tone as, say, The Princess Bride, but not as dark/epic as Lord of the Rings – somewhere in between. I’ve also made a few nifty modifications of my own to the medieval canvas, such as women being allowed to do A LOT MORE STUFF (yay!).
4. How did a Regency gal end up writing this? > Read my blog post, “Breaking Out of the Cage,” about how my muse traumatized me at Christmastime, and what I did about it. As someone once said: A mind once expanded never goes back to its original dimensions. So I'm adding new things to my repertoire this year, but don't worry - my new Regency series launches this Autumn!
5. Will this be a series? > Oh, yes, indeed. I envision Age of Heroes as a four-book series over the next couple years, but you’ll get to meet all 4 guys in this book. They include: a charming, sword-wielding, kilt-wearing, smart-aleck of a Bard; a ruthless Warlord and assassin that I know you fans of the dark-and-dangerous type are going to love; and the kingdom’s sexiest Sorcerer, who wears black leather and guy-liner like a rockstar and is covered in cryptic tattoos. Ladies, we are gonna have a lot of fun with these books! :P
6. Anything else we should know? > PALADIN’S PRIZE will be available in the large-sized Trade Paperback as well as E-Book on all the major platforms. Instead of going through one of the big publishing houses for this series, I am putting it out under my own independent label because I didn't want to have to wait two years for it to come out. That brings both good and bad with it.
While the ebook will be available at a lower price than you would normally pay (only $3.99 for 125,000 words, since this is something new for me), unfortunately, the POD paperback will be more expensive than you’re used to. I'm sorry about that, but that’s just how much it costs to produce. Also, the most convenient way to buy will most likely be by ordering the paperback from an online store rather than trying to find it in bookstores. (How that works is fully explained in my blog noted above.) I will say it is definitely a beautiful end product!
(Personally, I’ve become a huge fan of ebooks because I can bump up the font size nice and big on my e-reader to give my tired eyeballs a break.)
Whew! So, there - my big secret's out. I'm so happy I finally got to share my news with you!
Keeping the secret was killing me, lol. Hope you'll give Paladin's Prize a try!
Thanks for reading!
Latest News & Announcements
The latest happenings and updates. Have a question? Ask it here or write me privately.