And now, for the main part of today's post!
1. What was the most romantic moment of the book for you?
2 If Phillip was your son, would you let him attend the Order school in Scotland or forbid it? (This is the question that Gin agonizes over as the mother of a teenage boy.)
3. What important emotional lesson did Nick learn in the story? What did Gin learn?
4. The main theme of this book is taking steep risks for the people we love. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. What other themes did you notice?
5. This book covers a lot of ground - literally! Which of the many settings did you like the best?
6. Compare and contrast Gin and Madame Angelique. Compare and contrast Nick and Simon Lemarque.
7. John Carr: Can he be salvaged as a man or is he too much of a weasel? What do you think will become of him at Madame Angelique's?
8. Nick's disillusionment with the cause ultimately landed him in the dungeon. Was his desire to quit the Order understandable? And do you feel he redeemed himself?
9. Do you think Nick and Gin will ever end up visiting the American wilderness someday?
10. Obviously, this is an emotionally intense book, but it had its funny moments. Which one stands out for you?
Your comments/thoughts/answers are always welcome below. Thanks for reading!
Latest News & Announcements
The latest happenings and updates. Have a question? Ask it here or write me privately.